Monday, September 25, 2017

The natural deodorant that hacked the California heat wave


UPDATE: Private Coaching Currently Closed
Join the waitlist now and be the first to know when No Fail 2.0 Private Coaching reopens.


September 25, 2017

Aloha, Sisters of Strength!
  

So, there I was two weeks ago.  In unprecedented (for the central coast of California) 100 degree heat at ten a.m. trying to sneak in a sly pit whiff... 

...you know what I'm talking about. The whole "just-scratching-my-cheek-on-my-shoulder" action sniffing for funky B.O. fumes.

And I'm attempting this in front of an "A-List" actress whose handlers hired me to get her ripped and shredded for upcoming steamy sex-and-fight scenes with the new No Fail SystemShred™ protocol.  (That's what's taking the new book release so long.... but soon! I promise!)

Most of the houses (mine) and gyms (mine) here have no air conditioning because it hasn't been necessary til now.

Have you ever tried to tell a wary and overly-indulged diva how to fuel her body to prime it for fat loss and lean muscle gain in one hundred degree heat...
...with no air conditioning anywhere

So, yes, I was sweating from personal places. I stopped making my own deodorant with arrowroot starch, coconut oil and essential oils because I'm too lazy. 

This left me in the lurch when it comes to deodorants because most of the "natural" ones stop working after a while and the aluminum ones make me cringe. I've tried almost all of them. From clinical to over-the-counter.

Strong enough for a man but made for a woman? Just skip the middle man and make it strong enough for a woman already! 

Depending on the workout, weather or my menstrual cycle, things can turn into sweet onion city fast. Like most people, one armpit tends to get "riper" than the other over time. It's natural.

Then, as I lay sticking to my bedsheets the other night, a dear friend and former
college teammate was raving lunatic-style on Facebook about this awesome natural deodorant.

I thought, "Meh. Been there with them all." 

I gotta say I felt a flicker of hope when I saw charcoal and magnesium were the ingredients.

Off to Amazon I went and paid the one-day shipping for Schmidt's Charcoal + Magnesium deodorant. It's $12.45 for the 3.25 oz stick and sooooo worth it.

Please know I have ZERO affiliation with this product or company. But when I find something this incredible I want to share it with my tribe that's into the same stuff (and maybe as weird as me? j/k... kinda). 

A few things: 

  • I love the clean, fresh scent of the Charcoal + Magnesium stick.
  • I found a couple of their other deodorants at Whole Foods but not the C+M. I loved the Bergamot/Lime scent at the store and bought that, too. 
  • The Bergamot/Lime also costs less. I bought all that were on the shelf for me, my friends, and A-List actress who-shall-not-be-named but is getting ripped and burning body fat by the day, so now we're #friendsies! Go figure!
  • The C+M handles perspiration better than the Bergamot/Lime but I'm sure that has to do with the charcoal and magnesium.
  • I personally did not care for the other scents AT ALL (read: gag) but that's just me. They also come in a paste if you prefer.
  • Some of the Amazon reviews complain about grittiness/redness but I "warm" the deodorant up by rubbing my finger across it for heat friction. Rolls on smoothly after.
  • This deodorant does leave white marks on clothes and can clump in your pit creases if over-applied. Not sure there's much that can be naturally done about that since it contains arrowroot starch and MCT's. I do hope they find a chemical-free way, though.
Anyway, I hope you find this to be the godsend that I did! If you try it, let me know what you think! Here's the link to it on Amazon. It's probably also available at your health/natural food retailers.

Remember: We're not damsels in distress. We're the heroes of our story. 

Your sister in strength,
Michelle

P.S. The new book featuring four(!) fat blasting, muscle building protocols for women of different ages, lifestyles and activity levels (including zero exercise) is coming soon... along with a new website!

P.P.S. Be sure your friends and family members are on the email list because we're offering the new protocols, meal plans and workouts to you all first at a discounted price AND....  with FREE access to an exclusive, private community for all things bio-hacking for female prowess and performance including live Q&A's.>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment

ALL POSTS ARE APPROVED BY MODERATOR BEFORE PUBLISHED. PLEASE DO NOT POST MULTIPLE TIMES. K? Thanks!

It's pretty simple: if you have nothing nice to say... you know the rest. Manners and politeness still count even when we're tucked safely away behind our screens. Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts and questions!